I met this wonderful lady the other day and we got talking about why is it that some people don’t return phone calls, emails or do not show up for appointments?
PEARLS FROM A FOSSIL
(Mr. Nichols Business Maxims)
1. Your first ambition should be the acquisition of knowledge, pertaining to your business . . .
2. Above all things acquire a good, correct epistolary style, for you are judged by the business world according to your character, expression, and style of your letters . . .
3. During business hours attend to nothing but business, but be prompt in responding to all communications, and never suffer a letter to remain without an answer . . .
4. Never fail to meet a business engagement, however irksome it may be at the moment . . .
5. Undertake no business without mature reflection, and confine your capital closely to the business you have established . . .
6. Lead a regular life, avoid display, and choose your associates discreetly, and prefer the society of
men (written 1896) colleagues (inserted 2013) of your own type . . .
7. Avoid litigation as much as possible, study for yourself the theory of commercial law, and be your own lawyer . . .
J. L. Nichols,
The Business Guide ©
1896, 53rd Edition
I am sure you agree the above are great pearls of wisdom to live by. Another timeless classic with more pearls of wisdom is How To Win Friends and Influence People © by Dale Carnegie first published in 1937.
I encourage us all, including myself, to do our very best to heed the advice of these timeless guidelines for business and our personal life.
© 2013 NIEMI TRUST, LLC – All rights reserved.